What we do
With guiding girls have fun, adventure and the space to discover their potential.
Information for parents
Looking for a way for your daughter to make new friends, have fun and grow her confidence? This is it.
With guiding, she’ll laugh, learn and have adventures – all at an affordable cost. Our fantastic volunteers will be there to support her right from the start. And because our activities are designed to be for all girls, there’s a place for your daughter whatever her tastes or needs.
There is a group for every age!
- Rainbows 5 – 7 years. Find out more.
- Brownies 7 -10 years. Find out more.
- Guides 10 – 14 years. Find out more.
- Rangers 14-18 years (From September 2019). Find out more.
- The Senior Section 14 – 25 years. Find out more.
|Register your interest – You’ll be asked for your contact details and a few key pieces of information about your daughter.|
Choose the best unit for you – we’ll use your details to suggest several local units. Then it’s up to you to select the most convenient one. You can choose up to three location preferences.
Because of our unique status as an Island County, we sometimes find that some of the available units do not show. If you amend the final box to “Show all units within a 30 mile radius”, it will pick up all the units in the Island.
|We’ll be in touch – someone from your chosen unit will contact you, usually within three weeks. They can explain to you about meetings times, what’s planned for the term and if there’s a waiting list.|
|Try guiding out! – if spaces are available, the unit will arrange a trial meeting for your daughter to attend. This gives you and her an idea of what guiding is all about – we’re sure you will love it!|
Find your nearest unit
When registering your daughter with Girlguiding, you will be able to choose a local group within your home or work postal area. We have units in the following areas:
Rainbows:Ballasalla, Ballaugh, Braddan, Castletown, Douglas, Jurby, Laxey, Marown, Onchan, Peel, Port Erin, Ramsey, St John’s and Union Mills.
Brownies: Arbory, Ayre, Ballasalla, Ballaugh, Braddan, Castletown, Douglas, Jurby, Laxey, Marown, Onchan, Peel, Port Erin, Port St Mary, Ramsey, St John’s and Union Mills.
Guides: Ballaugh, Douglas, Laxey, Marown, Onchan, Port Erin and Port St Mary.
Rangers: Ballaugh and Douglas.
Other useful information
- The subs are paid per term. How much does it cost?
- Each section has its own uniform. How to get the uniforms.
- There will be activities out of the usual venue for which you’ll be asked to fill & sign a form like this one.
- What to expect when it’s time to move to the next section.
- How to transfer your daughter when moving to a different area.