What we do
With guiding girls have fun, adventure and the space to discover their potential.
Information for parents
Looking for a way for your daughter to make new friends, have fun and grow her confidence? This is it.
With guiding, she’ll laugh, learn and have adventures – all at an affordable cost. Our fantastic volunteers will be there to support her right from the start. And because our activities are designed to be for all girls, there’s a place for your daughter whatever her tastes or needs.
There is a group for every age!
- Rainbows 5 – 7 years. Find out more.
- Brownies 7 -10 years. Find out more.
- Guides 10 – 14 years. Find out more.
- Rangers 14-18 years (From September 2019). Find out more.
- The Senior Section 14 – 25 years. Find out more.
|Register your interest – You’ll be asked for your contact details and a few key pieces of information about your daughter.||Choose the best unit for you – we’ll use your details to suggest several local units. Then it’s up to you to select the most convenient one. You can choose up to three location preferences.||We’ll be in touch – someone from your chosen unit will contact you, usually within three weeks. They can explain to you about meetings times, what’s planned for the term and if there’s a waiting list.||Try guiding out! – if spaces are available, the unit will arrange a trial meeting for your daughter to attend. This gives you and her an idea of what guiding is all about – we’re sure you will love it!|
Find your nearest unit
When registering your daughter with
Rainbows:Ballasalla, Ballaugh, Braddan, Castletown, Douglas, Jurby, Laxey, Marown, Onchan, Peel, Port Erin, Ramsey, St John’s and Union Mills.
Brownies: Arbory, Ayre, Ballasalla, Ballaugh, Braddan, Castletown, Douglas, Jurby, Laxey, Marown, Onchan, Peel, Port Erin, Port St Mary, Ramsey, St John’s and Union Mills.
Guides: Ballaugh, Douglas, Laxey, Marown, Onchan, Port Erin and Port St Mary.
Rangers: Ballaugh and Douglas.
Other useful information
- The subs are paid per term. How much does it cost?
- Each section has its own uniform. How to get the uniforms.
- There will be activities out of the usual venue for which you’ll be asked to fill & sign a form like this one.
- What to expect when it’s time to move to the next section.
- How to transfer your daughter when moving to a different area.